I know a little about JKH’s 243. John is correct, it was his favorite leopard medicine. Among other reasons, he liked it because his clients predictably placed their shot precisely. Also it didn’t destroy the poor critter. The stress of leopard hunting increases because of waiting and boredom and desire not to F up. Many leopard hunters miss their cat at short range despite shooting off of a rest that was set up hours before kitty arrives. A big 30 or bigger is more hindrance than help.

JOC got a pre-64 Fwt M70 in 243 and had it gussied up and then stocked by Earl Milliron of Portland OR. If my memory is correct it had a 3x9 Leupold. I think he gave it to JKH. JOC also gave JKH a very nice pre-64 375 which accounted for many lions.

I have tried leopard hunting but I can’t sit still and I get bored and I miss the drinks around the evening campfire. And I like my sleep. If I ever see one walking around he will be in trouble but that is not how most leopards are hunted.

Last edited by RinB; 03/27/21.

“Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away”.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Posted by Brad.