A good sized Tom leopard is about the size of man. If you look at the thoracic anatomy of both when on all fours, the heart and lungs lies in a similar position. Unlike ungulates that stuff the heart and lungs between the shoulder blades due to bug stomachs, the heart- lungs tend to be a bit posterior to a line that runs between the center of the shoulders.

I use 9.3 x 62 with my last remaining stash of RWS 256 H-Mantles They act like Nosler Partitions so big hole as it enters and will punch through any angle. Leopards being man sized, plucking on from a tree with a .243 I'm sure would do the the deed, but make many PH's nervous to have their clients use that. Honestly, I've advise 7mm on up, with 30-06 or .300 mag being easy to shoot and effective. I like bigger, so I use bigger.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo