In 2016, I had the good fortune to meet Lou Hallimore while I was in Zimbabwe. Mr Hallimore is the author (along with Bruce Woods) of the book "CHUI! A Guide to Hunting the African Leopard" I mention this because in his book are several quotations I feel are worth mentioning. Viz; "Volumes have been written about the selection of rifles for dangerous game." "As far as leopard is concerned, however, the choice is simple. Let the client use the rifle he's had the most experienced with, be it a .600 Nitro Express or a .270 Winchester. "Leopards are thin-skinned creatures, and if hit right don't take a lot of killing. I've personally seen them dropped with .22s (Although I don't advise this) The thing is to avoid the risk of overgunning your client. When the moment of truth arrives, a .270, .308 or .30-06 will be more than adequate providing the shot goes where it must." Skipping ahead in the narration..."As far as bullets are concerned, any proven expanding soft-point adequate for American deer will do the job. so will a solid, if put in the right place, but I prefer that a bullet used for leopard do as much damage to tissue as possible, for reasons that I think should be obvious."

I would suggest reading "CHUI"by Hallimore, and "INTO THE THORNS" by Wayne Grant.

Last edited by TSIBINDI; 04/02/21.