Hello Everyone,

My name is Eric Stecker and I am the General Manager of McMillan Fiberglass Stocks. Some of you may know me from my time as President of Berger Bullets. I am eager to address the subject of this post. It is long so I am sure to miss something. I am ready to respond as long as those posters are as respectful as I will be to them.

Kelly McMillan is a great man, as is Walt Berger. I was working for both men as they passed the business from their hands into the hands of others. I can assure you that in both situations, I am the Steward of all things that are good and the solution provider of all challenges that need to be addressed.

At McMillan, we continue to make stocks the same way Kelly and his father made them since 1973. The only aspect of the production process we are changing is that we are writing things down. In both companies, most of the process was kept between the ears of the people who do each job. We are working hard to detail a standard process and make sure everyone sticks to that standard process. We will carry on the legacy Gale and Kelly built just as I did with Walt's legacy.

Our decision to reduce the amount of stocks and inlets we offer is so that we can deliver stocks to our customers faster. We no longer offer roughly 1/3 of the stocks previously available and roughly 40% of the action inlets previously available. This sounds like a lot but all these stocks and action inlets account for less than 7% of McMillan total sales since 2017.

Having so many "one off" products means more set ups. It means more change overs. It also means more chances for mistakes when so many rarely done products go through the production operation. It just doesn't make sense to put this burden on our operation and ultimately our customers for 7% of our sales.

I did the same thing in Berger except we would eliminate slow moving product a few at a time every year. The only difference here is that no McMillan stock or inlet was ever discontinued. The first time we do it to make the operation more effective, the list is long. You can expect that over time, more slow moving products will be discontinued as is the case in any successful business.

Regarding our product quality and customer service, the same people who were here with Kelly are the same people who are here now (with very few exceptions). They are just as motivated to make the best products and provide the best customers service as always. I stand behind every McMillan employee and every McMillan stock. If we make a mistake, let us know about it and we will correct it to your complete satisfaction.

Our warrantee is still the same lifetime warranty as it always has been. Kelly told me stories about how we've even replaced stocks that have been in a fire. I never thought it would happen but last month we had a request to replace a damaged stock. When we asked what happened, the person admitted that, "it was in a fire." We told him we absolutely will replace that stock and it is being made right now at no cost to the customer. You can't show me another stock maker that demonstrates as strong a product guarantee.

Regarding the new owner, I've known Bob for a long time. Kelly has known Bob for a long time. If you think Kelly would allow someone who is not of good character to carry on the McMillan name/brand you don't know Kelly at all. Kelly told me several times that he is glad it is Bob who was buying McMillan because he trusts Bob and he know that Bob understands the market and McMillan customers. I completely agree with Kelly. If Bob wasn't good for McMillan, Kelly would never have considered him as the new owner. I am thrilled that Bob is the new owner because I know he will honor Kelly's legacy and do everything he can to build up McMillan even further.

Before you judge us too harshly based on a few short posts, consider that the people throwing shade around aren't stock makers. It is very easy to Monday morning quarterback something about which you know nothing. It is my preference that instead, if you have any issues with McMillan, please, just call us. We are good people who want to do the right thing by our customers. If you think you can find better in another brand, that is your choice. If you can trust us to make you happy in your next stock, I will be grateful to prove to you our worth.

Regards,
Eric Stecker
General Manager
McMillan Fiberglass Stocks

To strengthen your shooting skills go to the range.
To strengthen the shooting sports take a non-shooter with you.