This is all very interesting. I've only bought one stock from McMillan. I drove up to their plant just north of Phoenix and asked if they had a stock for an M98 FN Mauser I had. There had one a customer had ordered and then cancelled. I tried the fit and it was god so I bought it. The year was 1988. I bought another at a gun show I put on a short action Ruger tang safety M77. Ugly bulky club but I use it as a bad weather gun. I have two Winchester M70s that appear to have McMillan stocks from the Winchester factory. One an XTR and the other a Walmart special. Both extremely accurate and would be some of the last I would ever sell.
I probably would never buy another McMillan stock because one I can't afford the expense and two I'm just about too damned old to do another serious hunt of any kind.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE