Thank you to those who have kind words and happy experiences with McMillan. We will do our best to keep this going long into the future.

"With regards to the Hunter's edge stock for model 70's. I have many of these stocks and have been quite happy with them." -Handwerk

We are working literally every day to standardize our processes. The factors that affect stock weight are far more numerous than I understood before I started working here. The completely open answer to your question is that we don't know, yet. Our plan is to establish high confidence that we can hit and repeat a given weight range. Then we will be able to publish these weights. It is important to keep in mind that weight will be impacted by the fill type, action, bottom metal and barrel inlets but we plan on providing a range that will help shooters know what to expect.

"Also, can you clarify what stocks are now available for the model 70?" - Pabucktail

It is always best to call our customer service folks at 623-582-9635 to make sure all variations of your rifle are accounted for in our recommendations. To give you a list of all the stocks that we make that can handle the Model 70 they come in two groups.

1. Stocks that we make and will inlet: A3-5, A-5, Game Hunter, Game Scout, Game Warden, HTG, Hunter's Edge Sporter, Pre 64 Monte Carlo, Tooley MBR, and the Win Super Grade RH.
2. Stocks that we make but don't do the inlet: A-2, A-3, Hunter Class (BR), Lazzeroni Thumbhole RH, Marksman, McHale, McMillan Thumbhole, Win Classic, Win Express, Win Hunter, Win Model 70, Win Safari, Win Super Grade LH, and the Win Varmint.

"You better wake up Eric." Sherm 61 "Agreed. I met and visited with him, twice" JG Raider

It's been my experience that hate carried for someone is most impactful when it is let go. The object of anger doesn't know your burden (this is true with anyone). You alone suffer the load, needlessly since it bares no fruit. I've met a few egotistical pricks. Bob isn't one of them and I've known him too long to change my mind on that point.

Big Stick

I like where your heads at. LOL!!

Regards,
Eric

To strengthen your shooting skills go to the range.
To strengthen the shooting sports take a non-shooter with you.