Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Thank you for the well wishes. I don't feel better, but luckily I'm not worse. From what I've heard about covid it can quickly turn, so I'll take "not worse."
I'll say this.... getting vaccinated in life isn't always about death. Just because there is a 99% chance you'll live through something doesn't mean a vaccine has no merit. It still sucks ass getting this. I don't have faith in the vaccine, so I threw the dice. If it was an established vaccine like tetanus, I would have gotten it.

Sorry to hear you caught it! The wife and I have been taking all the recommended steps and avoided it so far. We both got our 2nd Pfizer shots yesterday and other than sore arms and a mild headache for her, we had/have no side effects from the vaccine. I have as much faith in this vaccine as any other, and I think the messenger RNA technology used to develop it is simply amazing and will play huge dividends in future vaccine developments. Of course, these current covid vaccines don't have an established track record but that's to be expected since it's a new virus. You mentioned tetanus but the med/science communities have only been studying and working on tetanus vaccines since around 1900...

I hope more folks get one of the covid vaccines ASAP before this dang virus mutants any further, and we just drag this crap out for another year or more. We have a good friend that's a retired critical care RN and she's now dealing with the after effects of the virus almost 14 months after she caught it. The docs are calling it 'Long Covid' and her shortage of breath is no laughing matter. But she had only relatively mild symptoms when she first had the covid. Good luck with your recovery - may it be fast and totally complete!!

Pursuit may be, it seems to me, perfect without possession.
Robert Kelley Weeks (1840-1876)