Originally Posted by Diesel
The age old question of what's it all about has been turning over and over in my mind lately.

My wife had a second heart attack a couple of days ago. Very scary and stressful for her and me. It was mild this time and she is doing good at present. Very small vein too small to fix. Thank God she is still with me.

On top of that I had a serious spell while sitting next to her in the hospital. Room started spinning, like 100mph, sweating like I was in a pouring rain, vomiting, could not stand up and kept my eyes closed because the spinning was so disorienting. As luck would have it, no better place for that to happen than a hospital. Two IVs bags of electrolytes later the spinning stopped and so did the sweats. Severe Dehydration? Vertigo? Gotta get checked out this week.

The point is that so many things have been going south on almost every single day that it is taking it's toll. Nothing seems of value. Hunting, and all other pursuits are of little interest. Fun seems distant at this stage. Why do we fight so hard to stay on the planet?

The only thing that makes sense is we do it for our family. My wife, kids, and dogs are reason enough to keep on keeping on and the thought of leaving them in the lurch is unacceptable. So get up tomorrow and continue the siege. I know many have a tougher time than me, and I marvel at what can be endured.

Anybody got a better explanation of what it is all about?

If you believe in God, then you believe he has a plan and a purpose for each of us.... Our job is to find that purpose or purposes and live each day fulfilling it. To someone in your life, you are their sunshine. They want or need your guidance, support, help or whatever. The list could go on and on. Get up tomorrow and just be glad you could and pay attention to who is around you. Someone needs you, whether you know it or not. You're needed here until God decides you aren't, then you get to go home. That's what it's all about for me...

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020