Diesel,

You are going through hard times now.
That's a lot of stress looking after your wife who came close. Now that's tough enough on a good day in your prime. As we age, of course the hormones and the physical mechanisms for coping decrease. You know this no doubt. I'm just stating the obvious, but sometimes it helps to step back and be reminded of the bigger picture when you're not in the middle of it.
The winter and early spring leave us with little D3 hormone reserves and various other required nutrients.
Eating right helps more than we realize. I developed a
One thing that many find helpful to stave off the winter blues, and depression are supplementing with vitamin D3 at the proper dosage, exercise, talking to your family a little every day. I don't know if you are a Christian, but God offers a lot of encouragement in the Psalms. It's a good book to read a chapter from each day along with the Gospel of John. The Holy Spirit is our comforter too.

Prayer walks in the mornings in short sleeves with a family member or friend, D3, lots of water, cutting out sugar... there's lots that we can do with the Lord's help to strengthen and get past the tough times. The morning sunshine really helps, especially if your wife is able to get out there with you. Pray and read or listen to the word together too. I know a family who doesn't have a local church, but they've come through tough times reading it every day. They just lost their daughter. I was just contacted by the son as I write this, that the Dad just had a possible stroke. However, we have the Lord to ask for help in these times of need.
I'll post the audio Bible in the next post if you want to listen.

Those are a few ideas, but there's guys here that have had time to be there just to listen since you have been a member.
Sometimes thats what helps.

I will prayer for you and your wife.

HC

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/10/21.