Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
You and many others have stated that the requirements of salvation are 1: Love Jesus, 2: ask forgiveness of Jesus, 3: Love thy neighbor
I have always maintained that ”salvation” is obtained by accepting God’s grace, by faith, and not because of anything else that one has or hasn’t done. I stand by that. I also maintain that “following Jesus” boils down to loving God, and demonstrating your love for God by loving others. I stand by that as well.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
The intent of my question is: A preponderance of conservative Christians today hate and condemn all they consider to be immoral. How can these people possibly consider themself to be Christian when they so obviously do not love their neighbor, unless that neighbor has an identical skin tone, morality, and religious beliefs?
On the night before His Crucifixion, He even stepped it up... He gave us a new commandment...”you are to love one another the way that I have loved you.” This was so core, so central, that He said this, “by this kind of unique love everyone will know that you are my followers, if you love one another.” He said this is how His followers would be recognized.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.