Originally Posted by the_shootist
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Such WERE some of you. B U T ye are washed -- ye are sanctified -- ye are justified. If you get those sins, whatever they may be, under the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. Washed in the spotless blood of Jesus Christ. Imputed with HIS righteousness, cause mine is a train wreck.

“Imputation of righteous” is a fabrication, and a butchery of what Paul actually said in Romans and Galatians. You only become righteous by relying on Christ, and that is a daily, lifelong endeavor. I used to believe just like you for many years until I studied the Greek text in-depth

Smith and Wessons are Thoroughbreds; Rugers are Clydesdales —John Taffin