Originally Posted by Muffin
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Hey HC,

Here is some valuable information, that was life-altering for me:

1.). Almost every time in the NT that you encounter the phrase “believe in” Christ or the Father, the Greek should be properly rendered “be loyal/faithful to”.

2.). Every time your English NT reads “believe on Him/Me/Christ” it should read “rely/depend on”

3.). Faith should be rendered as faithfulness or reliance, depending on the context.

BTW, pastors and many Christians get greatly agitated and defensive when I point these things out to them. They feel threatened and some get angry. Humble people are more receptive than the arrogant it seems

Context often determines what words mean in Greek and in English. Our believers and unbelievers here would do well to read the chapter or paragraph that a verse is found in order to learn it's meaning.
I prayerfully did this as a teenager when given a tract.
I didn't just want someone's opinion. I wanted to know what God Himself wants to reveal. I believed God would not want to hide such an important topic like Salvation from us. He doesn't want to, nor does He make it hard for us. He helped me to understand those verses in my King James Bible.

You told me your meaning for the word believe.
I know what pistis / pisteuo means. The brilliant translators of the KJV, who were the worlds best scholars, were correct. Anyone can read the gospel of John and benefit knowing that it is completely trustworthy. They can also do word studies without needing to learn a different language and see that God's miraculous hand preserved His Word for our use.

WHY did they insert the word 'easter' in Acts 12:4?????

Fair question Muffin.

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."
Psalm 12:6,7

God managed to protect His words to mankind from the pagan influences and corruption that mankind has sought for through false religions. Some claim to "correct it", and want to add their own spin, but God pronounces the most severe curses upon those in both the O.T. and completion of the New.

I don't have time to answer details about the history of the Bible or that word right now, as I'm on my way out the door, but I think there's plenty of good information here.

http://www.faithfulwordbaptist.org/042014a.mp3

AND this:

https://answersingenesis.org/holidays/easter/is-the-name-easter-of-pagan-origin/

I've noticed that some of the online fringe religious groups have been demonizing God's Word. You have a fair question, but keep in mind that the Devil accused God of unrighteousness from the very start.
He doesn't like the good news posted in my sig.
That's true of even some at the Camp who take a wicked lunatics accusations against a man who shares the good news wherever he goes. They will Not so much speak a word against the leftist with whom they identify, who are traditionally known for deceit. This is why we need to ask questions and seek valid sources as you have. 👍

I hope these will answer your question, Muffin.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 04/17/21.