Originally Posted by Ruger4Life
Originally Posted by the_shootist
9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

Such WERE some of you. B U T ye are washed -- ye are sanctified -- ye are justified. If you get those sins, whatever they may be, under the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. Washed in the spotless blood of Jesus Christ. Imputed with HIS righteousness, cause mine is a train wreck.

“Imputation of righteous” is a fabrication, and a butchery of what Paul actually said in Romans and Galatians. You only become righteous by relying on Christ, and that is a daily, lifelong endeavor. I used to believe just like you for many years until I studied the Greek text in-depth

He takes my sin on himself, and he gives me his righteousness.

"For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." (Romans 10:3-4) He gives me the indwelling Holy Ghost and never takes him from me. I'm sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise. If you aren't, I'd toss my greek book in the trash can and stick with the old AV1611.

Your choice. It was easy for me. Jesus Christ did all the work for me, and then gave me the free gift of eternal life. I grabbed that gift and never looked back. Help yourself. Your call.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith