I
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by ironbender
There’d have been a big problem if anyone at a school laid a hand on my kids.

I won't tolerate a teacher, or any other school employee, so much as verbally reprimanding my children.

Then YOU are a part of the problem.

Yep.

I’d argue you are much more so. If your kid gets so out of line at school you’ve failed to instill morales and respect in that at home. Relying on teachers to “parent” is the real crime here if you want to call it that. Parents are more responsible for the education and opportunities for their kids than teachers are as well. Dropping little Johnny off somewhere to do your 9-5 then hit a social event or something isn’t parenting. The biggest failing is the lack of real parents.

I agree with Paul 100%. I’d be front page international news if an adult touched one of my kids. That’s because I’ve raised my kids to have manners, respect, and responsibility from day 1. If an adult disciplines my child it would be without merit and my kids in general seem to have better manners and integrity than most adults I meet.

Funny, you look at social media posts and everyone shows how much they do coaching kids for the big game but when Covid hit they’d just “die” if they had to teach Math. Most parents are as much to blame for indoctrinated kids as teachers are. If you talk to your kids and not at them you might have some influence in their lives.