Originally Posted by SLM
Anything I’ve got you need, I can get it to you, but you have to stop texting me those raunchy selfies.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by SLM
Don’t think anyone would think it ideal, but I bet you figure out how to make it work if forced to.

Originally Posted by T_Inman
For a few reasons I may have a legitimate reason to elk hunt this year with my .223 and 62 TSX.

I won't do that if I can reasonably avoid it, but we will see.

Defining "forced" I guess is in order.

My main elk rifle is here in AK with me and I am flying down to hunt in Idaho come Oct. I don't have a load worked up that I have any confidence in anyhow and with shelves bare along with most online distributors, I don't see me having the ability to get it up and going anytime soon unless I drop everything and totally concentrate on finding some suitable bullets. I keep rifles at my mom's place down there but they're all short range, open sight kind of deals. Other than that .223 Rem and a .270 Win that is........but the .270 is a pre-war retired safe queen these days and has a period correct scope which isn't the most waterproof option out there.

Thanks but not sending the selfies isn't worth it.

It's what I do....and enjoy.

PS, I found a new pond/lake just a 1/2 mile off the haul road with true, wild Arctic Char. Never planted like most accessible char lakes are. His adipose fin was small and may have been clipped, though I couldn't tell for sure. He may have been gill netted and recoded a while back, but he's still wild. These char aren't nearly as colorful as they are during the fall spawn thoughfrown.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]