I have both state and federal permits and have been doing this for over 20 years in both the commercial fishing and commercial guided industry. Both legitimate and heavily regulated industries. Not to mention I live here 365 days a year and am not one of you bastards who ruined [bleep] where you live and are hell bent on ruining things up here.

The new scam is that a social media influencer shows up with an industry representative and provides a “diy” deal with someone they are making money a lot of money off of. They also also bypass all limited entry permits and limits that apply to “guides”. Those days will come to an end though as many are paying attention.

Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by Calvin
Everything is so pimped out now it’s sickening.

Some huge battles are going to be fought now that a new user group has emerged on the scene. Social media influencers. People who are making money on the resource but have skirted existing guiding laws in place.

Tell me about it...I have to book my annual fishing trip to AK a year out every year, or I don't get to go...

Wish people would quit pimping out fishing up there on social media/forums: Fully Guided Salmon and Halibut Charters
www.alaskawideopen.com

Last edited by Calvin; 07/10/21.