Originally Posted by ctsmith
What happened to the deer rifle tags and OTC archery tags in the unit Randy pimped?

Its simple. The more an area is pimped, the more specifics that are given, the more the internet warriors are coming. Not hard to figure out. There is a balance. I'm not at all against Randy in his early years. I thought he struck a nice balance. As a matter of fact I was for him and actually enjoyed watching his episodes.

But he crossed the line and sold out the farm. His pimping episodes stick out like a sore thumb and hurt a lot of locals. Randy knows this. He is no dummy. It was a calculated decision. Where Randy got caught is COVID, which to his defense, increased all outdoor activities including hunting. There was going to be an increase in applications without Randy having pimped it. But now his face is on most all dart boards for those who have always hunted deer in southern AZ.

I could make one regulation change and reverse whatever has caused the jump in AZ bowhunting...fact.

Take away the training wheels...you could probably let the handful of longbow and recurve guys remaining in the sport have 2 tags each and extend the season by a month.

Technology in archery equipment, range finders, trigger releases, sights, cams, arrows, broadheads...that's the problem. Not Randy, not social media, not the AZFG.

Nobody willing to give up anything that makes it easier...same with rifle and muzzleloader hunters too.