Originally Posted by Judman
Whatda think? Fish & game departments, state tourism departments etc for running shows, YouTube videos?

They do. And since he's come up here, Randy Newberg is more transparent than most - give him that. It's easy to hate on the individuals who are profiting or trying to, on things we all love doing. Like the outfitting industry, I think all should be required to pay (state agencies) for that profiting - not the other way around, regardless of how small that profit might be. If you've paid to hunt, paid an outfitter, bought information, subscriptions, services, and many of the products today's hunting companies promote, even so much as listened to a podcast, "liked" or "clicked" on some the posts or YouTube videos you hate so much - you're also contributing the the problem. The information age is killing hunting as we know it. That's a fact.

Originally Posted by Judman
So you’re lumping general season, statewide licenses to say, a 380 bull permit or a 441 buck tag? Ok got it. 👍 I did “draw” a special buck permit in a region you’re familiar with. that was after I DREW my statewide general tag. Reg 4. 👍

Yes I will buy a ticket if only to appease you and Buzzy Eastman. 👍

I'm not lumping anything. Montana general is not "statewide", neither is the general elk. Montana is BIG, there's ridiculously good hunting within general deer and elk areas. It's not abound and that's an undeniable fact. Even the best premier limited draw permits don't come with a guaranteed result - even in the "good old days" - anywhere. I'm a great permit drawing SOB and have had my ass handed to me a pile of times on them. But just like true, over the counter, general, free for all public land, no help required.. It's usually time and luck, and time.. my opinion. Buzz is an accomplished hunter, has done lots for hunters, and has had more great success than 99% of those I know hunting on a regular guy budget and general areas. In 2005, he passed on a "general" public land wyoming 192" gross buck that he spotted and opted to let me go kill it, so he could look for better.