Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Put in an order for a sandwich for lunch over the phone and went to go pick it up. Invariably at the check out there is a tip jar. I never put anything in that thing and sometimes I get the stick eye vibe from the entitled millennial behind the counter. Anyone ever leave a tip when you're just picking up an order? What about at the serve yourself buffets? At the local Chinese place they pick up your used plate between trips to the trough, but it's not like you're getting "served".

I had a Chinese restaurant buffet waitresses often get obviously entitled. Even though they got a tip in spite of services not rendered. The tables were sticky and waitresses lazy. They mocked the fat folks and would only wait on those with dates or babies.
They don't expect much of a tip when you eat alone. So, when I asked for coffee, I was not served.
The time I got coffee, they would not bring a refill even though I asked for it until I got up and got it myself, only to have the dragon lady manager yell at me.
I brought my own coffee in my insulated mug from then on until the place went out of business.

They had decent Sushi/ rice rolls and a couple other things, so I kept going back once per month. The service was communist hospitality at it's BEST.

HC

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/14/21.