Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
And like many studies around the world, results are unproven. They will continue to study, but for now, it's not an option. Here's a study from Alberta Health Services that said:

KEY FINDINGS

• The studies evaluating ivermectin treatment are not high enough quality to properly decide if ivermectin is useful or not. Most studies did not clearly describe the effect of the other medications given to patients or what other factors might influence their findings (“confounding”), did not have an adequate comparator group to assess if there was a difference in patients given ivermectin, or were too small to be sure that any effect of ivermectin seen was real.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to prevent infection with COVID-19, four low quality studies showed that ivermectin may reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection; however, there were several confounding factors, and we don’t know what else the study participants were doing that might have influenced their risk of infection. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to prevent infection.

• With respect to ivermectin's ability to treat people with COVID-19, seven studies that had a control group (ie. a group of participants that did not receive ivermectin) reported the effect of ivermectin on death from COVID-19. Four showed that deaths from COVID-19 went down, while three showed that deaths from COVID-19 were not affected. All seven studies were small and were of low or very low quality, so we can’t be sure that their findings were real. More studies are needed to show if ivermectin can be used to treat COVID-19.

• The available data on ivermectin purchasing in Alberta doesn’t clearly show us if it is being used for purposes other than parasitic infections (ie. for COVID-19).

RECOMMENDATIONS

• At this time, ivermectin should not be prescribed or taken to treat COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial, as we need to establish whether it is truly useful.

• Scientists in Alberta should support clinical trials of ivermectin to help clarify whether ivermectin is effective against COVID-19 or not.

https://www.albertahealthservices.c...reatment-and-prevention-rapid-review.pdf

Steve , I have been ivermectin'd roughly twice a year for a long time. We use it topically on our chickens,
and cows( pour on) orally in the horses ( by mouth)
I seldom. Where gloves and always get this on my hands and enters the body through the skin, systemically. It is tough on gut flora. We take plenty of supplements to enhance these losses.
Either way, I am covid free- double vaxed too.
I also enjoy Forty Creek Rye whiskey, pretty sure it is anti covid in some way. Maybe the Yank's sour mash has the same effect.
I think this presumption might go viral in a good way, perhaps create a little more more joy for all of the covid weary folks out there. Cheers