"It doesn't make any sense. There are virtually no serious, severe cases in those younger cohorts". What would be the sense in vaccinating them?" This from Isaac Bogosch who is a doctor relied upon by CBC.
88% of cases in the hospital (an unrevealed percentage of which were there for reasons other than covid) still comprise a very small percentage of people who have covid and an even smaller percentage of the population in general. Perspective.
Again, I believe the vaccinations may be a good choice for some people, especially the elderly. This, because they may prevent these people from dying prematurely. However, being vaccinated does not mean you can ignore the virus and put others at risk of contracting the disease. Being unvaccinated does not mean you are a carrier any more than being vaxxed means you are not.
I think it is wise for school teachers to be vaccinated because they are in contact with so many people. However, being vaccinated does not mean they can ignore minor symptoms and go ahead and infect their students. They can still carry and spread the virus. On the bright side, the students are unlikely to get seriously ill and will end up being truly immune; as will the vaccinated teacher who brought virus into the classroom and infected them. This is the route to the sought after herd immunity.
To this point, the virus has had no impact on my life at all. Governmental response to the virus has impacted me plenty. GD