mod7rem;
Good evening to you sir, I hope that otherwise the Labour Day weekend was a good one for you.

While you didn't say which city you're in, I'm going to make a semi-educated guess it wouldn't matter much in any of the larger centers or the Okanagan as we're the spots where the OD issues seem most prevalent.

Again this was a couple years back, but I got to know an ER head nurse and a couple of the local RCMP officers through my work at the time.

The ER nurse was about my age I'd guess, so pushing 60 and no longer overflowing with patience for downright stupid and self destructive behavior. She was of the opinion that there needed to be some sort of limit set on the number of times they'd kick start the same OD addict as she knew some of them by name and told me some were in pretty much weekly.

Obviously they're not long for this world regardless, but just as obviously our medical care system can't deal with that much strain on it and effectively deal with seniors with health issues, much less give world class cancer care to those of us who've paid taxes here for decades.

The other example was a younger RCMP Constable who said he'd been in for less than a decade, but was considering getting into a different line of work because he was beginning to hate people - certain people anyways - and he acknowledged that just wasn't healthy for anyone.

One way or another we as a society and province here in BC are going to have to make some hard decisions in the not too distant future regarding what we'll be able to afford to tolerate and what we just will not be able to afford any longer.

That's my biggest complaint with both Crown Prince Shiny Pony, Hangover Bill and Krystia the journalism student, is that they're incapable of understanding everything has a cost attached and someone absolutely will be paying for it. There always is.

I'll add Mr. Singh to that as well as he's chosen to prop up the dog and pony show and seems to not understand basic math either.

Anyways, I'm hoping that perhaps enough of our fellow Canucks are beginning to awaken and understand that a few things besides the NHL stats might actually matter in their lives and for sure their kids' lives. Let us all hope so, eh? wink

All the best and good luck on your hunts.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"