Originally Posted by 10Glocks
I like the M77/Hawkeye, too. I only have two right now. A M77 MkII Express .270 and a Hawkeye African 6.5x55 Swedish. I've owned several in the past, most recently a Gunsite Scout in ,308, and a M77 MkII stainless .30-06 in a boat paddle stock. The only issue I ever had was that the trigger on the Gunsite was way too light. Under 2 lbs. It was virtually a hair trigger. Never felt comfortable with that, but never did anything about it. Ended up selling it. I gave the M77 MkII stainless to my son in California.

The only other issue (a non-issue really) is that none of the CRF features worked as well as they do on my M70s. On my M70s, once the cartridge clears the magazine, it literally pops up behind the extractor. Not so on any M77 I've ever had. Once the catridge on those clears the magazine, they get forced up behind the extractors as they get pushed into the chamber. Otherwise, they don't pop up behind the extractor.

Ur full o sht.

My Ruger Hawkeye controls the round earlier in the bolt stroke than an original Oberndorf sporting Mauser. The original, by which all others are judged. This 1922 rifle existed long before any Winchester model 70. How fkn " controlled round" do you need?

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 09/13/21.