We used to have split seasons here in Tn.
2 mls
2 archery
And 2 rifle IIIRC been so long ago.

The archery ones gave breaks between the ml and rifle.
Gave the deer a 7 day long respite.

Now from opening of ml till close of rifle it is non stop shooting.

The repeating fire ml you hear is a great thing enabled even more by telecheck now.

The pretext of these simplified seasons was the split seasons that existed for 25 years were too confusing to cleatus...

Quality of opener of rifle season without a 7 day bow season respite for the deer after that 1st ml season has diminished ever since.

Of course private land types dont notice alot of things like this cause they are immune if they choose not to hunt their places from day 1 of ml thru last day of rifle.

Many of our TN game laws are done by the TWRC governor appointed regional commissioners.
Many from their areas have their ears .
And then boom a new reg, rule, policy is enacted .
Trwa the enforcement side of the house does not enact reg, rules, or policy.
Twrc has blown off Twra wildlife biologists recommended limits and seasons many times

Our limits for deer in many cases are eye candy limits for license sales.
Joe average thinks he is gonna go out in the woods and deer will be shoving each other out of the way to be shot by him.
The golden days of 3 does a day in unit L counties back in 07 to 09 are gone
Many now realize they killed off their fawn recruitment and throw in large die offs from EHD during that time frame.
Many areas are desolation wastelands.
I can literally bring people into a oak forrest of 4.2 k acres and show them 4 yrs of rotten acorns on the ground and speak of the lack of any predator sign in those woods relating to no prey/ deer to be had.
Huge indicator.....
I spoke with a Twra biologist about this issue on that physical ground.
He just paid ear service.

I told him gate this Forrest for 1 yr or 2 no deer hunting or no does just like they did in cheatham wma to allow #,s to build.

Just the 4 yrs of rotating rotten acorns on the ground should have been a indicator to him the carrying capacity of the land was out of balance.
And the lack of any predator sign should have been a indicator to him also.

Im just a hunter
Not a biologist with a pedigree.

I dont know squat.

Their is a schit load of complacent attitudes in Twrc and Twra.