Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by renegade50
Opening day of archery here is October 1st. I’m going to hunt opening day but then I’ll be back to bird hunting until late October. I “bow hunt” with a crossbow. I don’t consider it bow hunting but I’m a gun guy, our firearm season is two weeks long a cross bow is just a way to extend deer hunting for me. I’ve hunted with a longbow and really like it but don’t have the time to practice enough to get proficient. I’ve killed a lot of deer with compound bows but don’t really get excited about them the way I do rifles or traditional archery.

Archery guys that like to tell their wives or girlfriends that they hunt with a bow for the challenge crack me up. It’s easier to kill a good buck with a bow than a rifle IMO at least here in MI. Bow season is over 10 weeks long compared to two weeks for firearm. Archery includes first shot at them along with the pre rut and rut. The short rifle season condenses the pressure after they’ve already been hunted for 6 weeks of archery when rifle season roles around. I’d guess the average deer shot with a rifle in Michigan is shot at 50-60 yards. A crossbow or good compound bow shooter can shoot pretty near as far. I hunt with a crossbow to be in the woods hunting deer when I otherwise couldn’t but I’m under no illusion that it’s much of a handicap. Given the longer season and rut it’s easier.

Modern archery season is a joke just like “muzzleloading” seasons with modern scoped inline muzzleloaders. I’d like to see archery and muzzleloading seasons either restricted to original intent or shortened and firearm season extended for gun enthusiasts.

I dont disagree with what you say in it,s entire context.
Former bow hunter myself.
Ground behind a tree to cover draw type.

Xbows here 7 or 8 yrs ago were doctors note only, but we know how that worked at times getting hooked up.

When they made x bow inclusive with archery for one and all.
The woods filled up with fugg tards looking for easy opportunities who would have never learned hunting with a actual bow before.
I can go buy a x bow right now at wally world.
Zero it.
And be out in the woods the next day.

You cant do that with any level of competence with any verticle bow.
You need to put in your dues and get good with a verticle bow.
Master muscle memory 20% and the 80% mind game of one.

Xbow = trigger,scope, and good even string cocking.
Thats it..... IMO.....

Give em their own seperate season....

Crossbows and scoped in-line muzzleloaders should be part of rifle season. Archery and muzzleloader seasons were originally for hardcore guys into their sport. It’s turned into long drawn out seasons that hurt rifle hunters and especially the hardcore archery and muzzleloader guys that the seasons were put into place for.

Yep....

Our rifle is GMA.

ML has own seasob

Archery has own 2 season

Their are morons in this state that want it any weapon from day 1 to last day.

That is how lazy some people are here.

Be like fugging constant rifle fire from 4th sat in sept to 1st week of jan if they could get their wet dream.....

Bad enough baiting is looked away from all season....

It’s all about the money be it license sales or insurance groups lobbying to decrease populations to limit auto deer collision payouts.

That is a big factor also.

Btdt
With khan/ wife 2 yrs ago.
Nailed a big 8pt standing on side of road between CHS and Richveiw middle school.
Middle of fugging town

Her gawd damm unaware tunnel vision on the road driving.

Every frighing fall from 3rd week of oct to end of nov I tell her look out for deer and be aware.

She fugging grew up in maine like I did
Yr ahead of me in HS.
Frighing native american, more like naive american...

4200 bucks worth of damage.

And she got to see the bucks eye staring at her on the hood thru the windsheild like a foot away.

That unnerved her alot.
Crying and schit.

I tracked that deer thru a neighborhood across the street for about 150 200 yds
Telling people what I was doing and what happened that were curious about it.
No sign of blood.
No fugged up gait or stride marks or strange divits, no direction changes.
Just beeline trail going into more broken up sparse woodlots and another neighborhood.

Was hoping that fugga died and I could find him.
Wanted that sunabytches rack.
🥴😄😄😄😄