What I would like to know is how widespread the lockdowns are in Australia and how much discord there is within the various levels of government.

In the US there are lots of areas of resistance that seldom makes the news. First, there are no federal lockdowns. It’s all various states. Some states are fairly restrictive, some literally not at all. And a lot are in between. Within those states, you have counties and municipalities who are all in on any restrictions, some not at all, and lot in between. Within those states and municipalities you have state and local law enforcement with the same divide and within the local law enforcement you have city and county law enforcement.

In my area, early on the county sheriff, the local police, and the district attorney said that they wouldn’t lift a finger to enforce any lockdowns or mask mandates. The law makers could pass whatever they wanted, but they could get out there and enforce them themselves if they wanted anything done. Thus, we’ve lived our lives as normal and never gotten to the point of needing any sort of resistance at all. I honestly don’t know what would happen if we had actual lockdowns here, but I suspect we wouldn’t have mass protest, we would just ignore them.

People tend to be polite here. Being unnecessarily rude to a stranger could still lead to an ass beating or worse. So, we don’t even have mask Karens running around.

Is there any of that level of official resistance in Australia or is everything mandated from the top down. I realize the entire system is less bifurcated than ours.

Last edited by JoeBob; 09/23/21.