Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

At a more personal level, I don't know people who are strongly biased either way in regards to the handling of the covid in as far as actually taking action or being local about it in public. The people I associate with tend to go with the flow and don't get easily offended, nor feel extremely violated, by being told to wear a cheap cotton rag on their face - we'll survive. I'll even wear a little hat at birthday party even though I think it's stupid (actually that's why I do it).

Most people would be happy to see restrictions go and most of these are happy to wait it out. Some are impacted worse than others and some are willing to go vocal and publicly protest. Just like anywhere else only the more extreme events get reported, and sadly others only see this and think that this is the norm. Karens are out there.

Mauser, a lot of people are in situations are lot more serious than wearing a 'silly party hat' mate. Some have lost everything, there are mass backruptcies, foreclosures, small businesses folding every week. The fact these figures arent making the news doesnt mean its not happening and is actually concerning its not being reported.

The other downside of small businesses closing is big businesses buying them up whiich is why international logistics, silicon components, meat, raw materials and textiles have jumped between 25-1000% in the last 18 months. This is unprecedented price gouging, normally only seen in the 3rd world. There are a bunch of laws there for preventing price gouging, price fixing and monopolisation and its like all 30x 1st world countries have simultaenously decided to ignore them.

You might find yourself a little less relaxed when when your salary is running about half its earning power, which I believe it coming if we dont open up soon. Personally I worry about the kids generation the most. They have enough problems buying a house already. We lock down to save old folk and give the kids a bill with great depression stamped on it after. Crap deal.