Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Well that's actually what normal life is. Population increase is driving up the price of housing. Technology is leading to loss of privacy, and will more and more lead to loss of jobs via Artificial Intellgence. Politicians make bad decisions.

The lockdowns in QLD have been less severe than other states, although the border closures have been rediculous and extra damaging, so that's my viewpoint.

In my mind, the job losses caused by failing to submit to vaccination for example, will be a job market re-shuffle but will settle out. Just like all the recessions that we've had. There will be people willing to get vaccinated to take up those new job requirements - right or wrong morally but this will be a fact.

I've had my job made redundant several years ago, along with many others at that time. Wasn't pleasant and I was out of work for 8 months, but I got back into it.

I might be overly optimistic but employment levels may bounce back quicker than feared once things start cranking up again. The reason I say this is that I'm an engineer and our workload during the pandemic has been constant and plentiful and some sectors are booming. So there is still major money being spent.

What happens to fix the financial hole caused by the shutdowns, I don't know but I think it is wise to consider where youre savings may be held. I don't really think any banks will collapse, like in a recession, but the government only guaranteed protection for a capped amount. Maybe the government will be looking at peoples account holdings for some debt recovery funding program or something, although they might be more likely to apply an additional loading to a more widespread common payment such as vehicle registration or medicare levy or something. They've done it before, they'll do it again. Sadly, there's no way out.

Lockdowns less severe than southern states...only because Queensland is twenty years behind the rest of us. Don't worry, you will catch up.

I don't think we will - our beloved Anna won't let us play with the neighbours over the border, even to swap chrissy presents. Must keep destroying those border businesses I guess.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?