Originally Posted by rainshot
I do know that actors take classes learning how to handle firearms. That have to act competent when shooting. Why wouldn’t they know anything about safety and firearm handling. It’s quite apparent that Baldwin is a cluck but he is a veteran actor and should be expected to know quite a lot about firearms. At least that’s the way I see it.
Again I can’t say what exactly happened on the set except he shot an innocent bystander and wounded another. That’s a fact.

I do know that Keanu Reeves and Hallie Berry both trained extensively with live rounds for months before the filming of "John Wick". Someone here posted the videos, and they were quite long in length. They did police training on steel targets with pistol and AR style guns, with multiple trainers on site during the live ammo practice. Both seemed to really enjoy the sport and shooting, both gave interviews in the importance of looking realistic and understanding firearms.

With that said, I'll bet a ton of cash that neither would even consider disagreeing with the armourer's directions or instructions...he's the PRO.