Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Longbob

It is the ultimate responsibility of the person with the gun in their hand. This incident is proof of that. There is plenty of blame to go around, but the actor doesn’t get a free pass by blaming someone else. If Baldwin practiced the most basic of gun safety the woman would be alive. Saying that he doesn’t have the ultimate responsibility is irresponsible on its face.

A movie set is the exception.

The armourer is responsible.

Visualize a class of kindergarten kids.... That's what the actors are. The armourer is the teacher, and responsible for all of them.
You cannot expect actors to know the first thing about gun safety. Just as you can't expect kindergartners to cross a busy highway by themselves.

Rockinbar is 100 % correct.

You can bet the farm that the Santa Fe County Sheriff's homicide detectives are much better informed than we are ... or the rumor mills of Hollywood. They'll be investigating this incident for quite a while as they'll have to talk to multiple witnesses, multiple times.

L.W.

There are no exceptions to gun safety. I can’t believe I am reading that some feel there are exceptions on this site.

It's not designed to be a GUN, it's designed to go bang/pop harmlessly...it's the "pop" gun rifle we had as little kids, cock the lever action and it goes "pop". No live ammo should have been on set, I highly doubt Baldwin stopped at the local gun store and picked up 100 rounds of ammo to bring to the set at 6:30am.