Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Longbob

It is the ultimate responsibility of the person with the gun in their hand. This incident is proof of that. There is plenty of blame to go around, but the actor doesn’t get a free pass by blaming someone else. If Baldwin practiced the most basic of gun safety the woman would be alive. Saying that he doesn’t have the ultimate responsibility is irresponsible on its face.

A movie set is the exception.

The armourer is responsible.

Visualize a class of kindergarten kids.... That's what the actors are. The armourer is the teacher, and responsible for all of them.
You cannot expect actors to know the first thing about gun safety. Just as you can't expect kindergartners to cross a busy highway by themselves.

Rockinbar is 100 % correct.

You can bet the farm that the Santa Fe County Sheriff's homicide detectives are much better informed than we are ... or the rumor mills of Hollywood. They'll be investigating this incident for quite a while as they'll have to talk to multiple witnesses, multiple times.

L.W.

Agreed, and many of the witnesses will be pizzed off union workers that walked the job because of safety and working conditions. For Longbob to continue down this "hate Baldwin" theory vs the responsibility of the Armourer along with a long list of firearm rules...is tiring at best.

If Baldwin was at fault in any way, or bypassed protocol...then throw the book at him. But the whiny statements from Hanna the armourer "I was scared", "I was worried about the blanks"...sounds like she's setting herself up for a "poor me, I'm a young woman with minimal experience" defense at trial.

Either way, the armourer prepped the gun, then somehow the assistant director hands said weapon to Baldwin, and sounds like it had live ammo in the chamber. Sounds like someone really screwed the pooch, but that gun passed though a few hands before it landed in dikwad Baldwin's hands.