Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Here's how tightly restricted we are right now in Sydney:

Yesterday I drove to the office. Worked for the day, with my colleagues. Stopped at lunchtime to go out with one of them for lunch at a nearby restaurant. Walked around a bit. Drove home via the shops, picked up a few things. None of that required a mask or anything.

Today I walked up to the local school to vote in the local elections, in person, safe in the knowledge that our elections don't permit post-midnight dumps of ballot papers, hackable counting machines or other shenanigans. Unless you have a damn good reason, you turn up in person and vote on a paper ballot, and someone counts the papers in the presence of representatives of the candidates.

I spoke to the neighbours on the way back, out on the street, and I'm about to pop out for a drive. Might swing by a mate's place too, because we are planning a few days hunting next week.

Yeah, its like a prison ;-)

Wasting your time Dan...these morons are peering out at others so they don't have to look at the mess they are in.

I routinely read your posts about what’s going on in Australia. Your account differs greatly from what we see on the news and accounts documented like those shown here above from social media.

If the Australian members here didn’t dispute what I’ve seen, I’d believe exactly what I’ve seen, so don’t get your panties all bunched up when others here post “inconvenient” facts about what’s happening in your country.

You seem to think that when Americans do so that they are simply bashing Australia when nothing could be further from the truth. We have genuine concern about what’s happening worldwide, especially in societies that we admire. We’re cautious about what’s possibly coming here.

Your continual “finger pointing” about the bullshit we are enduring in America as a rebuttal to the facts on the ground in Australia doesn’t work. We KNOW and freely admit that things are going the wrong way here politically and are in direct conflict with the principles of our Founding.

Unless everything we see about Australia is complete BS (gun confiscation, Covid concentration camps, and other BS) you’d be wise to be honest about it. We are on the same side.

I know for a fact the stringent gun restrictions in Australia from my experience on the NSCA USA Shooting Team. Guns had to be locked up at the club during events and out of competitor’s control (even the Australian Team)

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.