Wannabebwana;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the weather out east is behaving and all who are in your world are well.

It is my hope and for sure my prayer as well that the CBC report is incorrect as usual with regard to when students will be headed back to class.

What's at stake, in my view but it's shared by folks in the education community, is at least one year of students and possibly more that will be unprepared for university or college first year classes.

We can say, "so what?" to that, they can go into the trades and heaven knows we do need more folks in the trades out here, but we also need doctors, nurses, dentists and a host of other folks whose training will be done at a college or university level.

Most days I'm glad that the dentist or doctor I deal with annually has had training which at least theoretically passes a certain threshold, right?

How about wanting to build a new building or sub division? Well we'll need engineers for that too likely - again college or university degrees required.

The "system" we're running on requires replacements for the members of any profession retiring or being removed from it in order to just maintain, correct?

Anyways, if we think it's tough to see a doctor or make a dentist appointment now, consider taking a couple or three years of replacements out of the system.

Again, I hope the CBC is wrong as per usual with that and that we can get the next shift of all professions back onto the path they need to be on to ensure "it all" keeps going.

All the best to you all in 2022.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"