Originally Posted by HughW
Here is Joe Vipond the resident NDP shill putting forward what he tinks should happen in Alberta. You can bet if the NDP are in next term and COVID is still going things will be a lot different and not in a good way

https://edmontonjournal.com/opinion...ect-themselves-and-each-other-from-covid

It always amazes me how differently we all think about life, and how hard it must be to govern a large population because of the differences.

When I read the link, mostly what I’m hearing is fear and a “protect me at all costs” mentality.
For example, I don’t understand why there are Pediatricians that say children have very very small risks from Covid and therefore adding the risk of a vaccine is not necessary. On the flip side there are other Pediatricians that say we have to vaccinate children because they are under great risk from Covid.
I don’t think this boils down to differences in education or experience because the real world data should be available to both. I think it must come from differences in personality and how they deal with fear/risk.

Bonnie Henry is doing her best to assure terrified parents in BC that their kids going back to school are at very little risk from Covid, even before omicron, based on proof from data. But she’s also telling these same parents how important it is to get their kids vaccinated to protect them from Covid.

For some the safety net will never be big enough.

Last edited by mod7rem; 01/13/22.