Originally Posted by HughW
Originally Posted by yukon254
Starting to look worse for our governing bodies if thats even possible.....Ontario and BC have now admitted the numbers we have been deluged with are not what they seem.

https://tnc.news/2022/01/09/dr-bonn...9x9-usu81_y-2Xl__jBjzqzTT0D7KHjPoV9qIbLg

And now the director of the CDC did the same thing.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cdc-d...ns-covid-related-deaths-data-forthcoming

Simply cant believe a word they say.

Yukon on my side I am fully vaccinated however I take a view that this was a personal choice for my own reasons. I have moved sometime back to the same viewpoint for people that choose not to be vaccinated -- their choice. Each person has to live with their own decision, and I wish that both groups would stop getting in each others faces.

The inconsistencies that have been put forward on any one of the issues around COVID are numerous. Pick an issue:

Masks -- masks will not help (hmmm why are we seeing Asian countries with full masking), masks will help -- they can be medical disposal or cloth, cloth masks need o be constructed a certain way, you do not need N95's, now you should wear N95's (with one political party advocating for N95's for children) -- no mention on the need for fit testing.

Travel, Airborne, Surface Contact Transmission, Government Control --- pick anyone and research the issue to see both how the government health agencies have flipped or more importantly been 3 to 6 months behind other countries.

With these inconsistencies I can see why people may choose not to be vaccinated. Then you have Trudeau saying that people that are anti vax are racist / misogynist --- does this include the health care workers that are now being given exceptions so that there are not staff shortages or just people outside of Quebec since he made this statement in French?

There have been a huge number of fumbles by leaders during the last 2+ years and more will come.

I still look for individuals to make their own decisions and hopefully at somepoint we can get past the split that has been created by leadership.

I couldnt agree more. With everything you said in your last two posts. I've said from the beginning that it should be a personal decision whether you get vaccinated or not. I also believe everyone should be given "informed consent," and I dont think that has happened. My wife has worked a couple of vaccine clinics as a paramedic, and she observed that no one was given any information on the possible side effects the vaccines may cause, even though though some are listed right on the label of the vaccine. That is wrong.

I do think there is hope for the two sides to come together. Every day that goes by more comes to light. Interviews like the two Joe Rogan did with Malone and McCullough were seen by over 50-million people. The outright inaccurate statements by the two supreme court justices during the oral arguments on the OSHA case in the USA were broadcast live for all to hear.

The health care system in all provinces and Territories was in a bad way before covid. I really dont think most Canadians knew just how bad, but we saw it every day as paramedics. Covid made it worse. Much worse. After decades of having to fly Yukon residents south for MRIs, we finally got an MRI unit in Whitehorse a few years ago. When they mandated the vaccine on all health workers a couple months ago, we lost the MRI techs. Now we have an MRI that is sitting idle until they can replace those techs, and thats not an easy task. People are starting to notice that the mandates effect everyone in some way.

Two days ago the small community of Watson Lake lost power late in the evening. It was -47. The electric company had fired the only two linemen in town because they wouldnt get vaccinated. That kind of stuff makes everyone realize how far off the rails this government has taken us. Meanwhile the very same people who are pushing this stuff are being caught on camera all over the world doing the exact things they are telling us we cant do.

This is a very good article and gives me hope for the future :

https://www.lifesitenews.com/opinio...utm_source=top_news&utm_campaign=usa