Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
The sky is falling!

- Chicken Little

It is falling for the working man on the lower end of the wage scale...
But not for you mister 635 guns and inherited land owner

I actually earned my first $9M the old fashion way, with $900K of borrowed money. The real money came later, when I sold the inherited assets of my family's business for $9M, traded most of my Father's Winchester collection for a $1M section of irrigated farm ground, and my Wife's 3,700 acres of farm ground was inherited.

The number of guns is a little higher, but who's counting.

I feel bad for the working man on the lower end of the wage scale, but I make no apology for my success. I went to college on an ROTC scholarship, spent 7 years in the U.S. Army to pay for my undergraduate degrees, paid my way through grad school, and was lucky enough to recognize opportunity when it knocked on the door. My wife and I struggled to keep the wolves away for the 18 months between buying in as a 1/3 partner, then buying our partners' shares when they backed out, and then figuring out how to pay all of the bills when expenses exceeded income for most of the 8 months before we sold. Going all in isn't a play for the faint of heart, but when you do it and succeed, you don't need to apologize to people who played it safe and never made a leap of faith.

Scheeit, brother. Sounds like you need to change your name to 404Jefferyguy.....