Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by irfubar

Seems Putin has a plan.... and it may be working?

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/escobar-meet-new-resource-based-global-reserve-currency

Medvedev said “hellish” Western sanctions not only have failed to cripple Russia, but are instead “returning to the West like a boomerang.” Confidence in reserve currencies is “fading like the morning mist”, and ditching the US dollar and the euro is not unrealistic anymore: “The era of regional currencies is coming

If this is such devastating idea, why did Russia wait until now?

Could have pulled the lever years ago.

I’m betting it’s not so slick as the article suggests.

Russia had no reason to pull the lever years ago. Russia wants to sell its natural gas,..to Western Europe or anybody else.

The idiots in the American government pushed Russia into the corner and Russia responded the best way it could.

Basically, Russia and Western Europe were getting along fine until the American government decided to play its typical games in Ukraine.

Now, the people of Western Europe and the U.S.A. are paying the price for the neocons insanity.

Only time will tell how big the price is going to be.

I may not always agree with you. But, on this I certainly do. Without US meddling, criminal grifting and payoffs, and pushing NATO up onto Putin's front porch, there may not have been this problem in Ukraine. Or in Crimea or Georgia either, for that matter..

A concept that few people get.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z