Never could get the early Barnes bullets to shoot well in any of my rifles so I never shot game with them. Others have told me stories of how they are the hammer of Thor and others have cursed them for pencilling through a deer/elk and needed several shots to take an animal down...

However, in my experience the one bullet I've had the worst experience with has been the Hornady Interlock. They have just plain been unpredictable at best. Between me and my son we have shot at least five elk with them in my handloads . Some of them dropped fairly close to where they were shot, others wandered off like nothing happened and once we finally got them on the ground after several shots you could easily see where the bullet had hit a bone and just blew up with no penetration or just glanced off and headed another direction. They shoot to the same POI as my Partition handloads so we use the often for sighting in and practice shooting, but not for game any more. Those chores have been handed over to Partitions and Accubonds in my game rifle and I am quite pleased in their performance so far...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.