Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Originally Posted by Judman
Pronghorn and up, what’s the worst performing bullet you’ve used? For me it’s gotta be any of the Barnes mono bullets.

First gen Nosler Ballistic Tips. Couple of the funniest elk races I've ever been a part of were because of those early NBTs. Although there are several others popular bullets here on the fire that are almost as bad, at least for elk.

Killed a cow last fall with a 308 and 150g TTSX. I liked how it performed.

Interesting. 2004 I was trying the Nosler 180g Accubonds out of a 30-378. I would consistently lose the Abond tip inside the magazine pan after the first shot I fired. The second cartridge to be chambered would have a cavernous hole in the metplat where the tip had come off.

I was grateful that, one hit from the 30-378, would typically be enough. I sent the (2) partial boxes back to Nosler for them to analyze. They couldn’t come up with a definitive answer on why the tips were coming off.

They asked me if I wanted (2) new boxes of the same? I passed on them and asked for boxes loaded with the Barnes TSX bullet.

🦫

PS

After years of shooting the Barnes TSX. I switched back to the Nosler Abonds. They’ve been great at killing things for me. I don’t have the 30-378 anymore. Maybe that was the problem to begin with 🤷🏽‍♀️

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”