I much prefer the ttsx to the tsx in anything under 338 if going monometal. I know why sometimes some tsx bullets make it to market that don't expand. While most work well there are some that fail their own expansion tests. They then retool and get them expanding again but somewhere between 2 tests they started to fail and it used to be that the bullets made just before the failed test where still heading down the line for packaging.

That was nearly 20 years ago before the ttsx. I suggested the ttsx at the time because it allows a larger more forgiving hp. They didn't want to go tipped at first because they felt their bullets were already too long. Thats when they played around with a tungsten rear core called Mr X i think. I told them just go ttsx because people should be using a lighter monos anyways. Later when they decided to try the ttsx i got some 150g 308 cal and shot one diagnoly through a moose at 547 yards. I told them I don't see a use for a 30 cal mono over the 168g.

They can form the hp for the ttsx more reliably even as the tungsten punches that form them wear down a bit. In the larger size the tsx are pretty reliable because the punches wear less and the hp is bigger. The bigger hard kicking rounds can sometimes be a bit tough on tips so I like the 270 tsx in a 375.

Bb