Originally Posted by yukon254
No PPC fans here?

yukon254;
Good afternoon almost evening to you my friend, I hope that this Easter weekend has been a blessed one for you and yours.

With the understanding that as always it's only one little old guy's thoughts on the matter, I'd say no, not at this time.

The PPC has attracted some very good candidates and some that are less so.

When he was a minister in the Harper government some of his actions if not careless, were at very least not careful enough in my view.

Way back in the day I was a proud supporter of the Reform Party, but Maxime isn't Preston Manning by a large margin I'd say and that's definitely a huge part of it for me.

Then there's the issue of how long we can endure as a nation under the present regime.

By that I mean that I do not see enough time for the PPC to gain enough traction to make a difference - that based again upon what the Reform party went through and my goodness it had grass roots support that I don't see for the PPC at present.

So for me, while my personal views might align closer with the stated views of the PPC, I don't believe there's enough support now and perhaps will be for awhile in our current situation here in Canada.

Could it change? Absolutely it could because non of us saw the last two years coming and if we did and we'd suggested what would happen, we would have been dismissed as delusional correct?

Pierre has been a politician for a long, long time and that troubles me on several levels.

That said, there has to be some worthy politicians left don't there? If not then truly the outlook is more bleak than even the most jaded of us envision.

I hope that Pierre wins the leadership and that he becomes our next PM. Then I hope and pray that there's enough of whatever is needed to turn some of this all around.

Again, to my way of seeing things, the alternative might well be quite stark and possibly brutal.

We'll see.

Regardless of that, Happy and Blessed Easter to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"