Paul;
Top of the morning my friend, it's grey, cool and damp here with fresh snow on the mountain behind the house.... again - so I hope you're getting better weather.

Thanks for sharing your Canada Immigration story with us, though I can't say it surprises me or improves my opinion of them whatsoever.

Our youngest lives in the Lower Mainland and the upstairs neighbors were from Peru I believe it was? Been here over a decade, both parents working and paying taxes. One child born here.

Somehow Canada Immigration decided they'd not crossed enough "T's" to stay here and they had to sell all their stuff, go back to Peru and then reapply from there to re-enter Canada!!!!

Meanwhile we were bringing in refugees pretty much unvetted from Afghanistan, Syria, wherever....

Please note I'm not anti refugee either. Both grandfathers were refugees from eastern Europe and faced death or imprisonment if they'd been forced to return. But to send folks back who have been working/paying taxes - contributing to our collective well being - is the very definition of insanity in government.

I could go on, but won't for the sake of uncharacteristic brevity and spiking blood pressure.

When they don't absolutely grease the skids for folks like you all who come in to start business and employ people, it reinforces my belief that there needs to be a "whole lot" of top down restructuring in a lot of federal government bureaucracies.

We shall not get started on the process for a Restricted/Prohibited PAL for sure...

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"