There's a first time for everything I guess. My 12yr old was sitting next to his buddy in the classroom prior to the class starting. They have assigned seating but the other kid (punk kid always in trouble) who's seat it was wasn't there yet. When he came in he just yanked the chair out from under my boy and told him to get out of his seat. My boy called him a dumbazz, then the kid smacked him as he stood up. He has BJJ training and boxes often with his brother who does Muay Thai, BJJ, and wrestling. After the smack, my boy gave the kid an uppercut, two quick followups to the chin, then held him down on the table and pounded on him a bit. The teacher watched the whole thing play out and stopped it at that. I think the teacher thought the kid got what he deserved, though they can't come out and say that.

I can't say as I blame him and I'm not gonna give him too hard of a time about it. If someone pulled that on me I'd likely do the same thing. I'm happy to know he'll stand up for himself, though I never really questioned it. My wife kinda blamed me for it as I've always told my boys not to look for trouble, but don't hesitate to defend yourself. My boy is a good kid, honor society, plays sports, never been in trouble before. I'm off tomorrow and was planning to hit the range. Looks like he's going to serve out his second day of a 2 day suspension going to the range with dad. Tough love! grin