My son, "High Brass", got into a fight just before Christmas 1990. I was deployed for Desert Shield/Desert Storm and got back in April '91. Chad told me about it after we went squirrel hunting that Fall. He said the school bully was going around telling other kids he was going to stab Chad. Chad walked up to the bully after school and told him he didn't want trouble with him The bully sucker punched Chad and Chad went off. Got on top of the bull and beat the crap out of him. Other students had to pull him off. Rumor had it two teachers saw the fight and when they saw Chad was winning they disappeared. Most of Chad's suspension was during the Christmas break. While on shore leave Chad got into a fight in a bar with another Marine. The other guy was always getting into fights. He got Chad down and Chad got him off but got the worst of it. When he got back to the ship he was called in and asked about it. They wanted to burn the other guy and asked who threw the first punch. Chad told them they were equally at fault and told them, "Two Marines drinking in a bar. Whay could go wrong?" It was dropped. Chad and the other guy became friends. The other guy asked some of the Marines, "Have you ever got into a fight with Wedd (Weddington)? The others told him no, they had more sense. The guy told them, "Don't, he hits really hard and he didn't want seconds on it!"

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong