Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'd request a meeting with the principal, attorney present

^^^^^^ this is what's wrong with this country, FUQK an attorney. Unfortunately you're not wrong, but I still ain't calling no gawd damm lawyer.

Lawyering up Seems like an expensive solution to a problem that ain’t apparent yet to me. Second time around maybe, but in a LOT of fights the he said, she said leading up to it ain’t that clear-cut.

First off the three day suspension for both parties ain’t about blame or punishment, it’s about the school atmosphere and the safety of both parties.

It also makes throwing a punch a major production that’s going to separate them from their friends/girlfriend for three days and also involve their parents. Even bad parents can find it a hassle to have young Johnny home for three days.

Ya gotta recall the mindset of teenagers, they are at an age when not getting a lunch period or being kept 30 minutes after school (AKA “detention”) can actually be a deterrent.

Again, I’m really surprised both sets of parents weren’t called in with the OP’s incident.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744