Hello,
I just put two Varminter rifles together with the heavy 24” barrels. On one of them, I put a Magpul PRS lite and on the other a Magpul PRS Gen 3. The PRS lite is asking for a carbine length buffer and the Gen 3 a rifle length. I installed both as specified. I went to the range to test them on two occasions. The first time, I had no luck with any sort of cycling. I took them apart and checked what was recommended. The other trip, it was pretty much the same thing. I’m sure I’m under gassed because it always fails to eject or it fails to feed and or lock open. Everything else like the BCG, gas tube, and ammo checks out. I just ordered two Odin works adjustable buffers and will try to set the weights to function smoothly. Have any of you done this? With one rifle length buffer, I was planning on using the weights from the carbine buffer to adjust the rifle length since I can’t find an adjustable rifle length buffer anywhere and I’m hoping they’re interchangeable. Are there any tricks you can share? This is my first time assembling an AR and I was having a good time until this.
Thanks for the help.