Originally Posted by TWR
I’d try your uppers on a known good lower. If they still don’t work, send them back and let Stag fix them under warranty.

OP wrote “I bought the uppers from Brownells and they were a unit with the barrel, hand guards, gas block, tube and upper receiver already built without the BCG or handle.”

Good suggestion. That's what I'd do too. Seems strange that things are not working with either of them, unless they were both put together wrong by Brownells, or there is a similar defect. Figuring out if there is a blockage in the gas block or barrel is pretty easy to do without having to take schidt apart too. I've personally had a left hand stag 24" Upper and it ran smooth as silk. No issues at all and I tried the upper on different lowers, with the same brand (black rain ordinance). Still ran flawlessly.. Dwell time did not affect anything even with a lower I tested that had a carbine buffer. The rifle length gas system on that upper was very smooth and soft shooting.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA