Originally Posted by martinstrummer
A gas block, is a gas block, is a gas block.
I don't understand why some folks have to overthink sonething so simple?
I'm on another site where there are "builders" that are physicists, aircraft engineers and I think, even some rocket scientists (claim to work for NASA).
They all use AGB's and are constantly boring open barrel gas ports to get more/less "gas".
Then they want to use Loctite to seal the gas block to the barrel!? WTH?
Get everything lined up and tight, and you won't need "no stinking Loctite"! ....to seal the gas block OR lock any screws in place! LOL !

As my late f-i-l used to say, "Cleverly tight!".

Interesting Martin. I am for damn sure not a Nasa engineer, and I don't use agb either. No need to. Have a cousin and ex brother in law that worked for Nasa, yad yada yada.. Had an engineer ask what I did for a living in a pizzed off manner once. He was a strange dude, but cool once you got to know him: I guess he didn't like the fact my hand loads were always in the single digit SD's. He thought since he was an aeronautical engineer, his chidt should have been better than mine. It wasn't. Surprising huh??? I use loctite on the gas block set screws. I also "dimple" the barrel, if it is not already done. I don't use a fn jig for that either. No need to. This is all interesting. Hopefully the OP gets it figured out.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA