Originally Posted by TWR
Good lord if anyone has problems lining up the gas block and gas tube, they shouldn’t be messing with mechanical objects.

Forums are a poor place to learn because everyone is an expert.

I agree.. Sorry to hear the OP is having issues with his new builds. They are "fun", but do require a little mechanical knowledge and mindset. I like his choice of stocks. I like and use the PRS quite regularly. I have some gen 2 PRS that require a rifle length buffer (or a spacer and carbine buffer) and some newer Gen 3 PRS stocks that I can use either or, depending on how I have the stock set up. Generally I just run a spikes tactical ST-T2 buffer in those (carbine length) for my rifle length gas systems with low pro gas blocks because I don't like bulky handguards. No need for an adjustable gas block either. That's just me though, as I like keeping it simple. My AR's run like sewing machines, without fail. Going back to the buffers, I have also used a captured spring system and those are smooth and quiet. One of my buddies has a pre ban Bushy that was noisy as hell, so we installed one of those and he loves it. Accuracy even improved a bit. I know I have a couple in some of my rifles, but they are not necessary. It also sounds like the op has more issues than just buffer weight. As was suggested, double check to be sure the gas block is lined up properly. This stuff isn't rocket science, but does require a little mechanical thought. Good luck with it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA