Stick is correct, but didn't really provide much advice.

I use a drill bit to align the gas block and gas tube holes, I simply drop it down thru the set screw hole and install the roll pin.

Secondly, most gas block journals are designed for a pinned gas block/front sight and the corresponding handguard cap that is roughly .032" thick. I use a .032" feeler gauge to set that gap. I also dimple every barrel, except for nitrided barrels, too dang hard. Then I use Loctite 242 or 620 to bed and seal the gas block to barrel. This also seals the gas block to minimize any gas pressure loss.

Thirdly, I never use a standard H1 buffer or an adjustable gas block. I start with a H3 and I go up to a Slash's Heavy Buffer or move down to a H2 depending on ejection. I am anxious to try a new A5 style buffer kit, 308 carbine spring and a slightly longer and heavier buffer than the H3.

If I could find a clamp on style gas block that would fit under a slim handguard I would go that route.

I think you are gassed fine, I think your issue is the BCG cyclic speed. Too fast and it will fail to pick up the next round and lock back. The heavier buffers will slow down the BCG and greatly improve cycling.

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member